Wednesday, November 28, 2007

my response to "proposition 15"

The author of this article did a good job stating her opinion, but it would help her article if she mentioned some of the negative things about the proposal. It would give the reader a better understanding of the issue and could compare the "good" and "bad" of the proposal, which they could then decide whether to agree with the authors opinion or take one of their own. I tend to disagree with the author about the subject. Yes, no one likes paying taxes, like rent, but adding 3 billion on top of the taxes we already pay is a lot worse. Having family and friends who have suffered from cancer makes me want a cure to be found soon, and I know it takes a lot of money to research to find one. I still feel like the money is too much to ask of tax payers and should try to be found another way. I also think that they don't try everything to find a cure. I know there have been very promising results from alternative medicines but because that doesn't bring money to the pharmaceutical companies and hospitals, they don't pursue that path. The are things they could to to find a cure without having to raise 3 billion dollars in tax money, they just don't want to.

No comments: